Information technology has taken place in all fields. To survive in your work field or to learn as much as possible something new that can enhance your proficiency Kahoot! Is the best tool for them.
In this era of a pandemic where lockdown of everything has taken place, this is the period when opportunities can be found at home only. there is an app like Kahoot – Play & Create Quizzes ( App Store-Link ). KAHOOT is a game-based learning application. Kahoot was launched in MARCH 2017 that can be used as educational technology and it can be used by any educational institute too.
KAHOOT’S are multiple-choice questionnaire generated by the user-accessible by a web application Kahoot app. it is only available in English. it is a commercial app. Registration is required for creating quiz no registration is required for quiz participation. in this article you will learn how to create Kahoot quiz games stepwise complete guide.
Kahoot for ios (iPhone , iPad) is free to download even for android devices .Players can use Kahoot by their mobile devices too through its web interface. PREMIUM VERSIONS of Kahoot are also available.
Kahoot is growing and gaining popularity day by day because of its interface and catchy music. It’s increasing popularity has inspired social media to post such type of Content to attract users.
What is Kahoot?
Kahoot is a platform to learn something while playing. it can also be considered to learn by the fun tool. Using this app is the ease of creating, sharing and learning.
Features of Kahoot:
- For creators:
1.Create a quiz in minutes.
2. Select one of your pre-designed templates as the basis.
3. Copy and edit existing Kahoots.
4. Form questions from a spreadsheet.
5. Find from the 500M questions in our question bank
6. ADD multiple kahoots.
7. ADD pictures in our IOS app.
8. Insert you tube videos into questions .
– Add different types of question in one kahoot: quiz,poll,puzzle and slide
– Play copy and edit premium kahoots.
– Choose high quality pictures from our image library.
– Modify kahoots as per your school’s logo.
- For Gameplayers:
1.Conduct games through video for teaching students outside the class
2. Allot the instructions as per student’s response to play or learn in the class or outside the class.
3. Ask students to play in team or individual.
4. Add multiple choice questions to quiz.
5. Attract them with true/false questions.
6. Set timer according to the complexity of questions.
7. 0,1000,2000 are the toggle points.
– collect students feedback with polls.
-slides should be there for more context
-deeper understanding can be tested with puzzles.
-image reveals questions will change up the game dynamics.
How to Create a Kahoot Quiz Step by Step Complete Guide:
Before moving towards steps of creating quiz first you need to download and install KAHOOT app in your device. Here are the further steps to download the app:
- Complete Google sign-in to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Find for Kahoot! in the search option at the top right corner.
- Tap to install Kahoot.
- Complete Google sign-in (if you skipped step 2) to install Kahoot.
- Click the Kahoot icon on the home screen to start playing.
To create kahoot quiz games all you need is a smartphone or tablet. Kahoot can be created in just few minutes because creativity can spark anytime. Here is the step by step guide to release the game designer in yourself:
- Open the Kahoot app and click Create in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a title, description and cover image, just like you do on your pc. You can use an image from your gallery or just click a new one as you’re creating.
- Select if you want to keep this kahoot private, make it visible to everyone or share it with your team (for business users only).
- Click on Add question and select the question and answer options. Set points for correct and incorrect answers. Set time limit as per the question type.
- Don’t forget to add pictures and videos Check progress against our Question checklist – it’ll hint if something is missing.
- Check progress against our overall Kahoot checklist – it’ll help you with all the aspects of a perfect kahoot.
- Click on Done – and it’s ready.
How to ▶️ Play Kahoot Quiz:
- Choose quiz and click on play.
- Select any of the game mode you want to play whether Classic or Team mode.
- When you finish the 2 step a pin is generated and displayed on the screen. The other players select Enter Pin to give themselves a nickname or if they want to be in team. All the listed players are participants in the game.
- You can start with “start” when all the players are listed. Questions are displayed on the screen with four possible answers among which one have to be chosen. As soon you finish your quiz score achieved can be seen on the screen immediately .
This is not only fun learning game it can also be used at work field and homes.
Benefits of kahoot:
- Can be used in any subject even in physical education too.
- Great way to keep students involved because it focuses on social Learning and makes it fun.
- Easy to use.
- Players don’t need to create account .
- Helpful tool for self examination.
- It is quick survey tool.
- Instant polls can be designed by kahoot.
Points to be considered while using KAHOOT:
Kahoot was launched almost 5 years ago. Possibly you only know the basics but it has the 5 more dynamic feature which are following :
- Play keen curriculum-aligned games of kahoot.
- You can create jumble games ( put answer in order instead of choosing answer)
- “Scarletscreen” can be used to identify “naughty nicknamers”
- You can use name generator to avoid “naughty nicknamers”
- You can edit and copy Kahoot as per your need.
Whenever you get a great idea just pick up your cell phone and add it to your Kahoot. Creating good questions demands the students to well learn a subject, as they have to come up with the relevant questions. It can develop critical thinking in students. Kahoot can help students to build self-esteem. It is wonderful ICT(Information and communication technology) that can be used in any classroom. Hard to grasp concepts can be easily revised by this ICT. It offers students both the opportunities to create and use this software. It is crucial and highly valued tool in the classrooms with visual effects.Kahoot is the perfect app to create discussions, quizzes or surveys related to a topic, feedback or for an assessment. Game-based erudition makes it more interesting and easy to use.