It is free of cost communication tool to a beginner in administering quizzes, facilitating discussions and to collect data of the survey. Kahoot can be used as test type in classrooms. To make learning by game Kahoot is the best tool for teachers and student both, but when you turn something into a game competition comes first which make students more interactive and engaging.
Kahoot is easy to use and entertaining for both teachers and students. On Kahoot, mini-contests can be set and questions with four possible answers can be a type of test for students. Kahoot is an online platform with no cost. Kahoot has two websites one for the teacher to form test and second for students to follow up test.
Kahoot is a game-based learning platform used by over 5 million teachers globally. Kahoot t has positive impact on study performance, classroom dynamics, behaviours and suspicion. The only Main challenge during this is technical ⚠️ problems.
To learn by fun first you have to create Kahoot by following steps:
To create kahoot quiz games all you need is a smartphone or tablet. Kahoots can be created in just few minutes because creativity can spark anytime. Here is the step by step guide to release the game designer in yourself: To create Kahoot quiz games all you need is a smartphone or tablet. Kahoots can be created in just a few minutes because creativity can spark anytime. Here is the step by step guide to release the game designer in you:
- Open the Kahoot app and click Create in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a title, description and cover image, just like you do on your PC. You can use an image from your gallery or just click a new one as you’re creating.
- Select, if you want to keep this Kahoot private or make it visible to everyone or share it with your team (for business users only).
- Click on Add question and select the question and answer options. Set points for correct and incorrect answers. Set time limit as per the question type.
- Don’t forget to add pictures and videos Check progress against our Question checklist – it’ll hint if something is missing.
- Check progress against our overall Kahoot checklist– it’ll assist you with all the aspects of a perfect Kahoot.
- Click on Done – and it’s prepared.
We learn by playing Kahoot:
There are several ways to play kahoot. Players will need the following :
• A personal smart device may be a computer, laptop, mobile connected to the Kahoot! Play It page or by using the Kahoot app.
• Kahoot! game code.
The game can be played individually or in a team. They can play in a physical classroom or remotely through the following steps:
- Go to kahoot.com to login into your account.
- Click on kahoots tab at the top of the menu.
- In kahoots quiz page:
- select a checkbox of a quiz you want to play
- Click Play
- Choose classic (player vs. player) team mode (team vs. team with shared devices)
- The screen will show the game section with the game pin and guidelines. Students enter game pin in Kahoot! Mobile app or at kahoot.it on their computer and press enter.
- Students have to enter a nickname and press ok, go! button which will appear on your screen in the game section.
- You can now see the students who joined this kahoot! Click start to play the game.
- Question and answer choices will be at your screen whereas students screen will display answer buttons.
- Once questions been answered by all the players the correct answer and a bar graph with overall snapshot of class responses will be shown at the instructor’s screen.
- To move towards next question click next .
- Top 5 scorers will be shown on the leaderboard at the end of each question.
- Student’s screen will show personal result and rank whereas winner information will be displayed in the podium.
- Excel spreadsheet with student’s score and result can be saved by just clicking on Get results.
Points to be remembered:
- Remember that there should not be excess of questions and a Kahoot should not be more than 4️ minutes.
- To keep continuous record make sure students use to save name each time.
- Subsequently completing kahoot allows feedback on the experience they had during the game.
5 Ways Kahoot that supports distance learning:
1. Pre-made kahoots: you cannot convert the whole education program to digital in a single night. And why should you? firstly you should take advantage of what is already there. if you want to modify the Kahoot, use the 3 dots to copy the action.
2. Self-paced challenges: click on Play and Create a test. Kahoot allows you to create a quiz or test that may take students a month to complete it. It works on a link or students can use IOS or mobile app.
3. Share the link: click on COPY to copy the link and POST wherever you want to share information digitally with students. Google classrooms and Microsoft users can directly share to Kahoot.
4. Live Kahoot: Teaching personally and online both are different concepts. Adding kahoots to your live session through video symposium is a great concept to increase interactivity.
5. Collaboration with other teachers: The best part of using Kahoot in online classes is that teachers are pulling themselves together and sharing concepts .
In the recent era of technology, most education institutes are allowing the use of technology in classrooms but finding ways to easily start technology teaching is not easy apart from Google drive and online learning management system Kahoot is the latest addition to classrooms .it offers many benefits in classrooms. Kahoot is flexible and easy to use in various subjects even in physical education. kahoot focuses on social learning to make it fun. If anyone is looking for a new way of effective teaching kahoot is the best tool for them. Kahoot is effortless fun quizzing that can lead to productive appraisal and student reflection if executed in a proper manner. Kahoot permits to focus on the content and makes student not to be demotivated due to lack of ability to solve the quiz if in any case.